For various reasons, food ingredients are downgraded
or more suitable for an animal feed or industrial use.
MGM buys products and ingredients for all of the reasons listed below:
- Downgraded Ingredients.
- Obsolete and discontinued products or ingredients.
- Out-of-Spec regarding quality.
- Out-of-date or expired products.
- Packaging or inaccurate weight in packaging.
- Plant closures.
- Liquidation. Excess inventory.
- Comingled products.
- Infestation (live or dead bugs)
- Potential contamination (liner flakes, hardware, rust flakes…)
- Waste Streams
- Shifting of loads.
- Damage to product, ingredient or packaging.
- Missing seals or delay in transit concerns.
- Temperature deviations.
- Damaged railcar or truck. Derailment.
- Insurance claims.
- Products and ingredients that suffer water, fire or wind damage.
Many other situations that make it more prudent as a feed or industrial application.
When you have an ingredient or product that is unsuitable for your primary application don’t waste your time trying to market it as a downgraded product. MGM will buy your ingredient or product and you may immediately return your focus to your primary business.
When you have excess inventory, please do not compete against yourself, driving your price structure lower. Preserve your sales price with your traditional customers and sell your excess inventory to MGM for an alternative consumptive use.