The Kansas City Southern Railway Company (KCSR) and MGM Business Partners, Inc. formalized an outsourcing agreement in 2008. Arrowhead Rail, Inc. was created to handle the turnkey process of salvage distribution –from the time and point of formal rejection to prompt payment after the sale and execution.
A Partner and Protector
Arrowhead implements a disciplined process to immediately identify the value and proper consumptive use for the products, negotiate the best sale, execute and monitor all facets of timely transfer and/or delivery, then provide payment to KCSR.
Arrowhead quickly resolves time sensitive issues for KCSR in a safe and professional manner. Our process engages all of the necessary checks and balances to ensure prudent execution. We apply proven efficiencies with results that are both predictable and desired. Once notified, the entire turnkey process takes place without requiring any time investment from KCSR.
Our Proven Business Model
Once we are notified of the formal rejection we implement a regimented internal process from discovery through execution:
- Inspect the salvage for quality or count when necessary.
- Determine the proper fitness for consumptive use.
- Have an internal group discussion to determine the best plan of execution.
- Identify the best sale opportunities, including a contingency plan.
- If the best sale opportunity doesn’t meet predetermined minimum criteria, return to step 3 for additional discussion.
- Sell the product then issue a sale contract that includes all terms and conditions agreed upon between buyer and seller.
- Transfer or recover product if necessary, deliver product to buyer, and monitor disposition throughout the process.
- Immediately collect payment from the buyer, complete all accounting functions and reconcile the file.
- Report predetermined segments of information and provide payment to rail partner (both handled electronically).
- Retain a completed file with all supporting documents which are available for audit at any time upon request.